Only randomn 80's song I could come up with to describe my life lately. I am BURNED out. I have been frustrated at work lately, but nothing I couldn't handle....but I can see the signs of burn out everyday now. Social workers have a really high burnout rate. I think that I am PT and do the the work of a FT social worker in those 3 days means I will burn out faster than average. Did you know social workers are some of the lowest paid workers with some of the highest stress jobs? I do!
I am reasearching a few options for my life. Taking the summer off from work and focus on having fun fun fun with the kids this summer and then looking for something this fall. Perhaps heading back to school with the intent of changing careers and looking at going to Law School when Ryan is older.
Or, perhaps my luck will change and I will get the job I applied for today. It is a long shot, but what I don't have in education (like a Masters), I do have in life experience. Not going to spill TOO much until I get an interview call, but I sent off the resume today via email and already got a call saying thanks for applying, we will be calling to set up interviews in a weeks time. We shall see.
1 comment:
Hoping you hear good news. I'm out looking for a job too. Got the education but the schools don't want to pay for my experience. They'd prefer paying someone out of college. Ugh!
Melissa
Post a Comment