Today was a really hot day in MN. (I know, hot day, MN, April all in one sentence sounds TOTALLY unbelievable.) It was 91. We spent a lot of our day outside. We moved our little playset from the living room to the yard and it helped a little. Ryan still loves the street for some reason. It was better today, but still hard.
I do believe we finally figured out a reasonable plan that won't break the bank and keeps us in our house and neighborhood which we love.
1. We are taking 2 trees down the next nice weekend we have. Both are pine trees by our house that were planted too close. That will make 2 spots we can have some play equiptment. In the front we will have a smaller plastic climber for this year and next year we will build a wood one in the back.
2. We are putting a sandbox in where we have the land that is too uneven for a climber. Ryan loves the sand and I see us spending lots of time in the sandbox this summer.
3. We are paving under our deck to make it a patio. That will take some work, but it is doable.
The nice thing is that none of this really breaks the bank. We can do most of it on our own.
2 comments:
Gerard is looking for just the right space for a sandbox. That is the one thing that he remembers the most from his childhood.
I am so glad that you have a plan.
Joy
Yeah! Sounds like it is all coming together. I am glad you found some solutions and don't have to plan to move.
I hope it is ok, I linked you on my blog...let me know if not.
Kristine
Post a Comment