I have made some friends online, and even met one before. (Well, that doesn't include my husband as we met online as well...hehe). But today, the world just got smaller.
I belong to a board of Russian families that have or are going to adopt. I have been friendly with several people on that board, especially a few families that adopted around the same time as I have and have boys of the same age. What happened today was next to just AMAZING!!!
I posted on my FB page about how cold it was at our baseball games tonight. (54 in July...HELLO!!) and a FB friend responded that we could keep it cold for when she comes. I told her to come visit me up here in MN. She responded that she had a relative in a nursing home in a particular town. Just happened to be the town I live in. Now really, it couldn't POSSIBLY be the same nursing home I happen to be a social worker at, could it??? (about 15 nursing homes in our town.)
Wait for it.......YES IT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Both of us were in tears. How could it possibly be that two women from 2 different states at the opposite end of the country, tied by 2 little Russian boys could possibly have another connection.
It feels like a God moment. I am not a church goer, but it still feels like that to me. As Ryan would say....AMEN!
3 comments:
It is amazing how small the world can be, yet so vast. I would never have imagined all the wonderful people I would meet through my silly blog. Then to actually meet two of them in person and realize that we live so close. Amazing.
Melissa
That is 6 degrees of separation. Wow I can not believe it either.
Joy
Super cool!
Post a Comment