Friday, May 22, 2009

HELP!!

I need some advice. I don't know what to do. My boss just quit at work and they will start looking for her replacement next week. Today, several people have come in the office and asked ME to apply for her job. I don't know that I WANT her job. I like my 3 day week and leaving the crap at the door. I don't know that I even want to work one more day a week much less 2.

So...now for the good parts of it. GREAT for my career. Health insurance through my work is 1/3 the amount we pay for it with Aaron owning his own business. I really like the place I work. I just question if now is the time.

Opinions? Mom's working full time, how do you do it?

1 comment:

McMary said...

What a big decision.
At the time I decided to adopt, the exact same thing happened to me and I decided not to apply because I was worried that I couldn't concentrate on the adoption, learn to be a new mom, and learn a new job all at the same time. Now here I am 2.5 years later with no child yet and sometimes wishing I had gone for it.
I don't know what to advise you to do. I will be working full-time because I will have to but I know I would love being home more. All I can say is do what you think is best for your family--weighing in the financial and emotional together. Best of luck in deciding.