We were in a bad rut...yes, I admit it. One of us always slept in Ryan's room in the big bed we put in there. Not only that, we rocked him to sleep EVERY night. Not putting him in his crib like we do at nap time. What did that wonderful plan get us?? A child who slept horribly for the first year home and parents who have been sleep deprived as well. So...after a stern talking to from our peds doc, we made the change. Amazingly, hubby was quite resistant. Probably because he did most of the rocking to sleep and really enjoys it and also, he and I are both used to sleeping in queen size beds alone.
2 nights ago a proclimation was made by the queen (that being moi) that I needed more sleep now that I am back to full time. So, the big switch began. Bailey became the new recipient of a nice beautiful bed in her room (which she loves and so needed now that she is getting bigger) and Ryan inherited a nice set of bunk beds in his room that noone is sleeping on unless we get a visitor.
Soooo...how goes it you ask? Ryan cried 4 minutes 2 nights ago before falling asleep for the WHOLE NIGHT and last night he made not a murmur and slept the whole night again. WOOHOO!! I know we will most likely have some rough nites, but this is very promising. Now, if Aaron and I could only learn to share a queen size bed again. I have been lobbying for a king size bed and I think after the last 2 nights I am getting somewhere with him. Ahhh...sleep is so awesome!
3 comments:
Too funny. The holding and rocking is killing my back and I have only done it for a week.
Joy
It's good to hear that the transition is going well. Keep up the good work! We made the transition from Colby's crib to a toddler bed when Aug started. It took him 3 days to take advantage of his new found freedom. Now we are starting to settle in. There will be bumpy moments but stick to your guns!
Melissa
We still rock. . .I give it a couple of minutes only, though. And, we LOVE our King sized bed! : )
Post a Comment