Tuesday, April 20, 2010

So, how do I feel about IT?

That seems to be the question of the day...week, or maybe even this month. We have been very open about our adoption of Ryan, to the point of being interviewed by the local paper after he arrived home. So...it was no surprise when they came calling again after the latest scandal. Too bad I was so sick I couldn't be interviewed.
So...how DO I feel about it?
  • This woman knew exactly what she was doing when she put that child on the plane. She was trying to cause an international incident in order to change "the system."
  • Was he out of control? Perhaps. She was not equipped to handle him and that is okay. There is no fault in admitting that. But...she was already "shopping" for another baby from another country using another agency, not disclosing she had already adopted this child.
  • When something smells fishy......usually it stinks.
  • So, you ask, what would happen if Ryan got "out of control" when he was older. We would exhaust every resource and last dollar we had to help him. We are the parents of these 3 children...we don't quit.
  • I do have an opinion on one thing...SHE SHOULD HAVE CALLED HER AGENCY FIRST! This woman potentially set adoptions from Russia back to the drawing board for many parents equipped to handle a child that had difficult needs.

So...that is where I stand on this. But the bigger question of the day is:

Why in the world while I am listening to "Lady Gaga Radio" on Pandora, does a Daughtry song come on. Really now.......

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Well said. And yes, I have gotten asked that same question over and over. I am sick over this whole thing. I really hope the US and Russia figure this out quickly. So many kids and families are now waiting and waiting. What a mess she caused. My opinion- This was true abandonment and child endangerment and should be dealt as such through the court. She should be punished, as she would be if it were her biological child.
Melissa