Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Labels

I hate labels. I mean I really hate labels. I believe that a child is born with gifts, and those gifts may not be the same ones I wanted them to have or that others think they should have, but it is what it is. You work with what you get, good or bad, hard or easy. You don't just wish the problem away, you work around it and work with it.

With each child you experience challenges, some easy, some not so easy, but you make it through them. Sometimes though, you just get beat down. This last challenge is beating me down and keeping me up at night crying in bed. I don't like labels, especially ones that make all the hard work we have been putting in look like nothing.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

It sounds like you have had a rough couple of days (or weeks). I hope everything turns out ok in the end. We are here for you if you need the support or just someone to listen to you.
Melissa