Friday, March 13, 2009

What a day, and it's only 1pm!

We found out today that Ryan will be having surgery on his left eye to tighten the muscles. He has no depth perception in that eye and it will be a very minor surgery it sounds like. He will need a patch over the good eye for a few hours during the day to see if it improves anything. At the same appointment it was suggested to us again that Ryan gets speech therapy started. So we have a consult next week.
Ryan has been fighting a nasty cold, worse than anyone he has had so far. His has the saddest little cough and runny nose. Last night he slept with me in my bed and I thought with all the pillows he would be fine, but nope. I heard BOOM in the middle of the night as he fell out of the bed. So it's off we go to get a bed rail so THAT doesn't happen again. Poor kid.
I just got the most delightful good news a few minutes ago. One of my friends from my adoption group has just had her baby! The birthmother gave birth at 12:30p to a lovely little girl. YAY! Our group is growing with babys everymonth.

1 comment:

Joy said...

That stinks about the surgery. I hope he feels better soon. I fell out of my bed (as an adult) and broke my foot.

I will keep you friend in my thoughts and prayers.
Joy