I feel like I have lived my past 7 weeks in kind of a blur. Working full time, trying to manage 3 kids and their jobs and not really know what was happening at work was really taking a toll on me. Throw in school ending, summer school, etc and it is no wonder I got walking pneumonia this weekend!!
As of today, life is heading back to normal. I was offered the directors job at work, I turned it down as much as I wanted to take it though. I know it is better that I am home more now. So I will go back to my 3 days a week and be happy after they hire someone new. Now THAT will be interesting to say the least as I got along so well with my former partner. I do know that my administrator has the best interests in mind in picking out a partner for me to work with and that makes me feel good.
I am enjoying my day off today and feeling lots better.
2 comments:
I am proud of you. It is tough to put self-interests aside especially when we know that it would be very rewarding....I really think you made the right decision. It is the right thing and work will always be there, but the years with your children will not. It was a very self-less act.
I gave up a very nice career with a VERY nice income to stay home with my kids. One of these days I will go back to work, but for now I am enjoying every minute of it.
I hope you have a relaxing day and can do something special for yourself. You deserve it!
Kristine
Congrats on deciding about the job--you made the best decision for you and your time with your children will be more than worth it.
See you soon.
Post a Comment