Man....is it just me or did this year go FAST! I can't believe tomorrow is the last day of November.
Ryan has been a bit challenging of late, especially to his dad. He just wants Aaron's constant love and attention and Aaron is feeling a little smothered I think. He feels very secure when I tell him a reason and explain the plan to him, but with Aaron he just wants what he wants when he wants it. Aaron thinks that he should be able to reason with a 2 year old. Yeah....that will work. I keep hoping it will get better with time, but it really isn't. I am wondering about spreading out the time spent with him. Aaron doing a drop off or pick up from daycare, me going and doing something so that he is with him for longer periods of time, etc. Any suggestions would be helpful.
I am getting ready to set up my first informational meeting for my new job and I am ready to start helping clients. If you know anyone in MN who is looking to adopt internationally, send them my way. I am ready!
3 comments:
Hi Nicole~
I just ran across the comment you posted on our blog last month. That's great that you adopted from Vladimir, too. Tess was in the children's home in Vladimir City. How about you? How old was your little guy when he came home? Hope all is well with your family. Take Care!
Hi Nicole- Well, I have to say I'm no expert... but I'll give you a couple of examples. I have two bio boys who are 10 and 11 and our little guy from Russia who is 3. When the big boys were 2 they would cry awfully when my husband would come home and then have to go back to work. It was not pretty! So much so that I would tell him to sneak in and out so we wouldn't have to deal with it. lol! That was 2 year old behavior at it's best. :-)
Our newest little guy also likes to be told what is going to happen, but he has been smothering me as of lately. Probably because my husband has been out of town for work more often, and I'm the primary caregiver. We have decided to help facilitate some additional bonding that dh will take him on a fun trip to the grocery store. (Which he loves!) He loves to ride in the car, and so it's little trips like this and lunch out just the three of us that is helping him re-attach to Chris (my husband).
So, I guess what I'm saying is it's quite normal 2 year old behavior... but also I think some fun bonding time would be good as well. It will get better as they get older... at least that is what I am reminding myself LOL! The toddler years are definitely tough!
New job?!! yeah!!! You will be fantastic!!!
Post a Comment