Sunday, March 28, 2010

Can you hear me?

Even feel like NO one is listening? I feel like I can talk and talk and no one bothers to listen at all. For example, tonight on our walk, I told Aaron at least 3 times to put Ryan in the stroller as we left the park. He just continues walking like he didn't hear me. I tried to INSIST that he go in the stroller.
I had seen a rather large German Shepard ahead across the street not on a leash and the owner was talking to the neighbor and not watching her dog. I could see something brewing with this dog as Max was with us. Pretty soon, sure as can be we have this HUGE dog running up to jump on Ryan as Max is trying to get him and Aaron is so busy holding onto the leash that I had to jump in front of Ryan and try and grab him. Apparently every dog is a kind dog to Ryan.
All turned out well as I was able to get in front of Ryan, the owner ran across the street to grab her dog as it was snarling at us and Max just saw he was outsized and smartly walked away.
Sure would have been nice if someone would have listened to me........

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Glad everything turned out ok. And yes, I feel like no one is listening quite often. Although, when I ask Colby something and get no response I usually end up saying, "Do you hear me?" Ugh! I sound like my mom. Anyway...then I get in his cute two year old voice, "Hear me!" I don't know whether to laugh or walk away in frustration.

Joy said...

Yup! Gerard has a hard time with when I am working. I usually get "Oh you are working tonight?" I feel your pain.
Joy